His Blog

His Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

We Did It

Today the kids and I worked on getting the yard 'winterized'. I have been a little worried about taking over everything Layne used to do. We would all help with the yard. But, he was the one in our household that had taken charge of home repairs and the yard. I think we did okay. I'm glad Layne had shown us what to do on a couple of things that we might not have thought of ourselves. Things are much easier when you know what you're doing. There were a couple of times when we were working away that I thought, "We can do this.". And really, we can. It was actually kind of fun to be working together. The kids do a pretty good job of being truly helpful. I think that was part of my relief today. There was a big task ahead of us and we accomplished it together - in just a couple of hours. Nice. We had the rest of the day to get some other things done and then just relax.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how empowering the phrase, "We can do this" is. And you did! I am so proud of you and the kids, and I know Layne is too!!!! I actually enjoy working in the yard as a family too.

    ReplyDelete