His Blog

His Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Funeral Wishes

So...the funeral. I'm hoping it was what Layne wanted. I will remember the chaos in attempting to get ready. I will also remember that all of it would have been much worse without all of the help that was given. There was help for the funeral, help for getting financial items in order, help with missing him and transitioning to a new normal (although, that obviously continues to be a work in progress). We also had some help around the house and lots of other things as well. Thank you to one and all.
I tried to honor what Layne and I had talked about when planning for the funeral and burial. I knew he would be watching.:} I knew he would notice the details - and whether they were 'right' or not. I also knew there were some details that could go any number of ways as far as he was concerned. It makes me smile to think of him being a bit of a micromanager about so many things and remembering that occasionally there were times when he wasn't really concerned about the details. There wasn't much middle ground with him.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! You are such a great writer...both your personality and Layne's come through in each post. Some make me cry...this one made me chuckle. No, there never really was much middle ground with Layne about anything and that continued right up until the end and even lives with you from the other side. Gotta love that man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Layne would have been pleased. There was a lot of love, respect, and support from family, friends, and co-workers. It warmed my heart. And the fact that you would speak at the funeral yourself just amazes me! It shows your love for him and your strength as well. I don't think i could have managed it--in fact I already told Tim not to plan on it if he goes first! That must have meant so much to Layne. We miss him too.

    ReplyDelete