His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Time Marching On

It's been four whole weeks since Layne passed away. It seems like it just happened in some ways. I can't quite get used to him being gone. In other ways it seems like it's been so very long since he was here. I don't know when the part about missing him will ever go away. It probably doesn't - just would be nice to be able to function a little better.
It's kind of an odd day. The twentieth of last month was when we celebrated his birthday. It's the four weeks like I mentioned above since he passed away and yet in a couple of days, on the 22nd, it'll be a whole month. I'm not sure how to count these things.
Our anniversary is less than a month away. Nineteen years.

2 comments:

  1. I think you can count and commemorate it in all the ways you can--the months, the weeks, all of it. I don't think you will ever get over missing him...just take it one day at a time. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am also a widow. My husband and his father died in a plane crash just shy of our 20th anneversary. That was almost 3 years ago. I also write a blog, not4naught.blogspot.com I just finished a grief help website with several other LDS widow bloggers. It's called HowDoIGoOn.org. It is our service project to help others on this path. There is also a LDS Widows & widowers closed Facebook group with over 2000 members age (20-65). It's a safe place to vent, get advice and find hope. They do a conference in UT every spring and conference in AZ and ID in the fall. I'm speaking at the one in Az on Nov 6,7. The conferences have been extremely helpful. Please contact me if you want to talk, my email is veronicaclarke@byu.net and my phone is 417-425-0249. You will be in my prayers

    ReplyDelete