His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Working Together

We're attempting to be organized around here. Sort of. We went through a few papers and files today. There are quite a few documents that have to do with Layne's medical happenings. They tell a story in and of themselves. There are details we haven't even gotten to yet that need to be addressed with finances and end of life planning. We're trying to pull ourselves together as much as we can.
Layne gets a little panicked about what he can and can't do these days. He's so used to being independent. He thinks he needs to singlehandedly make sure that the kids and I are taken care of when he's gone. I appreciate the valiant effort - I just don't like seeing him get worked up over it. He's always considered his roles as father, husband, provider, and protector very important. He's worried enough for the both of us about certain things that I just let him take care of it. I have kept myself busy with other things. I determined long ago that it's not worth both of us being anxious about some things. So, I've let him take care of that category since he was doing it anyway.

3 comments:

  1. You are so wise, in a miriad of ways Teresa. So wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the quote I sent you by Elder Scott? Remind Layne that he will be able to support you from the other side of the veil, even if he can't fill all those other roles right now--and that you are counting on it!

    ReplyDelete