His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

'No Quitting' Zone

Layne was in quite a bit of pain towards the end. It's a relief to know he's no longer in pain. I know he's much happier. I told him many times that he had the easier part. He just had to be sick and then die. I had the hard part - I had to watch him be sick, die, and then move forward supporting (and raising) a family of five on my own. We...okay...I would joke about that because there were times I was a little jealous that he got to leave and I had to be the one to move forward. I don't envy the pain. I could not have handled it as well. I would not have held on as long. I would have checked out much sooner. Layne did an amazing job of still making an attempt to live a full life as much as he possibly could - he was not a quitter. I will follow his lead.

6 comments:

  1. Teresa, You are Strong! Your are Smart! You are Amazing! God has a plan and His plan is for you to be in this life raising your incredible children. You can do hard things and with the Hand of the Lord you can do ALL things. You will never be alone even if all the Ridings aren't there physically you will be in our prayers and you KNOW Riding Prayers are heard & answered. Heavenly angels with names like Edwin and Kathleen will be there to comfort, guide and watch over you. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. My husband went home 13 months ago today. I understand what you're going through and what you will go through. I understand the thoughts in your post. Love and prayers to you all.
    Tori (Becca's friend from New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes, it sounds as if you do know what it's like. Hope you find the comfort you need.

      Delete
  3. Yes, and trust in Elder Scott--who shares such an important date with Layne--who many times preached about receiving support from loved ones on the other side of the veil. (But I agree with you; you do have the harder part.) I'm sure Layne will do everything he can to help you from where he is. And we will too.

    ReplyDelete