His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What's Next?

Layne headed 'home' yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure what to write first. I could start with the few moments surrounding his passing. I could begin with events that have happened since that time. I could go back as far as yesterday morning - or perhaps somewhere within the past week.
Maybe the perfect place to kick things off would be to share how the kids and I are managing.  Others  might want to know what's happening next for our family. Some could be wondering if we need anything - or I could give an account of all those who have done so much for us already. We are grateful. Perhaps a starting point would be to say all of the great things I will miss about Layne - or some of the things I will not miss about being a caregiver. Another possibility would be funeral plans...what will be happening when and where. So many thoughts...so much to write.

2 comments:

  1. There is plenty of time. We will all miss Layne so much and we are here for you and the kids. All day long as I have thought of you, I have thought, "That's what a forever family looks like." So much love and so many prayers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Layne and will miss him. We have prayed for him and for your family. Our prayers will continue for you, and we know that he will continue to watch over and bless your family from the other side of the veil. His priesthood power and influence for family will never be more powerful. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete