His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

One Week

It's odd to think it's been a week since Layne's passing. In some ways it feels so much longer...in some ways it seems like he was just here. There's been so much to do. I feel like we're able to slow down a bit now that the viewing/s and funeral are over. There are still a few things to do. I will be getting some things down each day - just not at the same pace.
I think I mostly need to take time to realize he's gone. I looked at a picture this morning where he was smiling and looking at the camera with his bright blue eyes. I knew that was exactly the way I wanted to remember him. I'll need to take some time and conscious effort so the image of him being so thin, sick, and in pain will be overshadowed by the man that was vibrant and healthy.
I feel like there have already been a couple of 'interventions' by him already. I'm feeling like he will be in the details. Because...let's face it...that's just who he is. I like the idea that he's still doing what he can to take care of us - he's just been 'relocated'.


5 comments:

  1. You can count on Layne being in the details! Do you think he'd let a little thing like passing over to the other side curb his passion for micromanaging? ;-) I love it that he's intervening for you already. I'm confident his bright blue eyes are shining from where he is as he's watching over you, and that he's definitely vibrant and healthy. I'll remember him that way too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carolynn completely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Becca was saying a similar thing about her friend who is a widow about needing to remember her husband before he got sick, rather than the husband she knew at the end. I totally support that. And YES. Layne will definitely be there! I hope you are writing down the moments you feel his presence. They will be sacred memories. LOVE. (This is Nicole on Mom's computer, PS).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm highly confident in the interventions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm highly confident in the interventions!

    ReplyDelete