His Blog

His Blog

Friday, September 25, 2015

There's More

I also realized that in addition to what I mentioned in the previous post, I was feeling uplifted because the kids and I were able to just spend some time being 'us'...we talked, we might have been a little silly, we danced...I miss them. It was good to feel connected for a few minutes. That was part of the happy and light yesterday morning. At the time, the idea of no longer being a caregiver is what I noticed and latched onto - it's what I recognized as a source of relief. It might have been the relief of being able to move on with life. I felt like it was going to be okay. As if I really might be able to manage making decisions and being productive without my companion being right by my side.

2 comments:

  1. That is God (and Layne, I believe) whispering in your ear giving you confidence and courage. Listen closely! They are right!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carolynn! Hold on to that lightness! xoxox -Nicole

    ReplyDelete