His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Randomness In Our Lives

9/8/15 - Jotted down random thoughts/info...

I'm realizing that I need to be confident in what I'm doing so Layne won't worry. I feel like I need to be strong for him. I don't want him to panic. If I'm not sure about what I'm doing, he won't go along with it. He's not thinking as well as he used to. He's never really liked the idea of me telling him what to do either. So, it's all in the way things are said.

last night - pain - nurse came - up again at 4
10:40, 11:40, 12:40

I returned text to his hospice nurse.

He's groggy this morning. I helped him fill the daily pill container. We talked a little about his intake. And about finances. As I watched him fade in and out - I thought about how we should have recorded more of his memories and messages. By the time we had the technology, he hasn't been up for being recorded very much. There have been a couple of things he said that I'll need to write down.

His testimony. I know God has a plan for us. I know the atonement is real. Keep the commandments and follow the prophet (more to the kids). Sometimes things are hard, but I know the gospel is true and that God has a plan for each of us. He knows us.

I've started keeping a log of meds. There are several to keep track of at this point.

Tricky to be the one to field calls, messages, and visitors along with other things we're doing.

3 comments:

  1. This was an amazing glimpse into your life, Teresa. The sheer demands of it, and the relentless nature of the illness, as well as the slow goodbye that is a part of every day for you. You are a constant presence in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too. I just read the last couple of posts. I'm just praying for you guys all the time. Thank you for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete