His Blog

His Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Priesthood Duties

I was thinking today about the boys and how they take care of their priesthood duties. Their dad would be pleased. I know he tried to do what he could to train them and help them understand the importance of what they are doing. I know he would be even more pleased to know that they are worthy and do things willingly. I know it's one of the things that he felt like he missed out on - or that he will miss out on as they progress in the challenges and responsibilities that they take on.
I know he would have loved to be here to ordain Jonny as a Teacher. I also know he would have liked to have been around when they are ordained as Elders. It seems like that is coming closer and closer.
I also know he would have loved to have been here to see the girls progress through their teen years as well. There's something about fathers and their daughters. I know he feels like he's missing out. I know the kids will feel like someone is missing. I also know that there will be times when he might be able to be present - but, it won't be the same.

1 comment:

  1. No, it won't be the same. I am hoping for and trusting in compensatory blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete