His Blog

His Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

Hinckley Quote

I read this tonight and thought of how there are times it sure would be nice to be able to continue to work on our relationship. There are things I wish I would have done differently. There are other things I would still love to say, things I'd like to have us do. The opportunity is gone. There might be times we think there will always be another time...at some point...there's not more time.

"I know it is hard for you young mothers to believe that almost before you can turn around the children will be gone and you will be alone with your husband. You had better be sure you are developing the kind of love and friendship that will be delightful and enduring. Let the children learn from your attitude that he is important. Encourage him. Be kind. It is a rough world, and he, like everyone else, is fighting to survive. Be cheerful. Don't be a whiner." --Marjorie Pay Hinckley


1 comment:

  1. I love this. Thanks for posting it. She is one of my heroes.

    ReplyDelete