His Blog

His Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Finding Peace

Today in Relief Society we had a lesson that included a story about Howard W. Hunter and his wife being in the hospital. The story included him using resources, making a decision, taking action, and peace finally coming after being in the waiting room for awhile.
It reminded me what it was like to wait for Layne while he was in surgery or having a procedure done. I remember the days of waiting for Layne. I'm not usually one to be real emotional about things. But, one does worry and get a bit anxious when waiting for a spouse to be done with a procedure. Of course, while I was thinking about that I remembered watching Layne get his chemo treatments. It's hard to watch someone that you know...someone that you're used to being capable, full of life, and seemingly healthy...just want to sleep. There was so much pain.
I think the connection came for me not only in experiencing the concerns that President Hunter related...but, also in finding the peace. It was memorable for several reasons. I will not forget that even though I might have been exhausted or Layne was in pain...the peace came. At the end of the day the peace was there. I knew that our Heavenly Parents knew what was going on, that they cared, and that somehow we were going to get through it. They would help us. Every. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment