His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Grateful

I mentioned that today had been a good day. I wrote about a couple of things - but, then realized I hadn't written one of the biggest reasons - which is what I started to do in the first place. I have been so grateful today for so many people who help us out.
We went and finally got hair cuts today. I have a sweet and talented cousin who helped us out with that. She cut the kids hair right before the funeral. So...it's been 3.5 months. The girls have their hair long and all one length...so, that wasn't a big deal for them to go that long. The boys? That was another story. It was pretty bad. They look so much better. I can see their eyes now.
I was feeling grateful as we came home. Sometimes I feel so grateful that I don't think I say it loud enough or in a grand enough way. I hope others know that I think daily about everything that others do for us. We have so many people that have helped - and are helping in so many different ways.
We had an unexpected ring of the doorbell this afternoon. UPS strikes again. I thought it might have been something I'd ordered. I noticed the return address included the name of a sister in law that's in another state. It's not uncommon for her to randomly send something that she thinks might be helpful. I wondered what it was this time. I literally laughed out loud when I saw what was inside. There are plenty of things I just kind of put up with because - well, there are multiple/a variety of reasons. Apparently she and my brother figured out that I have been putting up with my current phone for too long and it was time to put it to rest. He and I had talked about it - more than once. I think he got tired of wondering when I was going to ask and just had his wife send it. I'm excited to get it set up.
A huge thank you to everyone that helps us out in whatever way works best for them.

2 comments: