His Blog

His Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Bleh...

I've been feeling a little bit grouchy today. I'm tired and just don't have any energy. Of coarse, I still get to make sure kids have dinner...and someone gets to do the laundry for tomorrow. Oh. And, one of the kids just told me the light was burned out in the basement. It just keeps going and I want to stop.
I have done a terrible job of getting things done the last little while. I think that might be part of the funk I'm in - thinking about all the things that need to be done and yet not feeling like doing them. Bleh.
I have to add that while I was doing laundry, I pulled out one of the kids bunched up shirts. It was one of the 'no one fights alone' shirts that Becca made for us when Layne and Jacob ran the 5K. It felt like a reminder. Somehow I was aware that Layne was trying to tell me that he would do the laundry if he were able. I always appreciated his willingness to help.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people get the post-holiday "blehs" and you have all the more reason to do so. Sometimes when that happens to me, if I read a motivating book, it's the incentive I need. For example, if I start to waver in my healthy eating, I can read a nutrition book and I am immediately back on track. Or recently, I read just part of "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and I cleared 4 bags of clothes out of my closet to donate. Maybe there's a book that would help you feel motivated with some of the things you're focused on? (And I'm not talking "The Fault in Our Stars..." :-) That one is good for helping you reflect and ponder, but it will probably be more for turning you into a puddle than for getting you going... ) Good luck and know you're not alone in the mid-winter blehs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleh is a familiar feeling... You're so incredible to find the good.

    ReplyDelete