His Blog

His Blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

Finances

I was thinking today about Layne and finances. I was realizing that we are quite blessed. It's been tough. But, at the same time I feel grateful for the opportunity to continue to homeschool the kids. The situation would put us in so much debt right now. We could easily have piles of debt for both student loans and medical care. Instead we're able to move forward without those barriers. It feels freeing. (Is that a word?) I feel the freedom that comes from being out of debt. We still have a mortgage. But, that's pretty much it - which is good because it's still not like we have lots of money rolling in. We have enough. I will eventually be doing more to have an income. The kids know that they will also be doing more on that front as well.
I'm amazed that for how much Layne was able to work - which wasn't much - he was still able to provide for his family. I know that was important to him and I feel like he accomplished that. I know both of us thought that would look different. We thought the home we have now would just be a 'starter' home. We thought he was just starting to truly get off the ground with his career. It turns out that we were wrong. I think the fact that he did so many things to keep us out of debt has been so helpful. I know that the things he had in place when he died was also very helpful. (My dad has been kind enough to have some of his 'people' help out since Layne's passing. They are helping with financial advice, options, and investments.) Thanks Layne.

2 comments:

  1. That is a HUGE blessing! Thanks, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always impressed with your ability to stay out of debt. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete