His Blog

His Blog

Monday, August 31, 2015

Explanation of Emotions

In a previous post, I didn't mean to give the impression that I don't get emotional - or won't let myself get emotional. My point in sharing the story was to show how random emotions can (and will) be these days. I chose to focus on the event I mentioned and the people there because I felt that's what the situation needed at the time. It was a happy time - not a time to give homage to someone that just had a happy memory pop into her head about her spouse that will be passing away soon. I'm pretty sure I shed some tears on the drive home.
I will make sure I share examples of experiences when I did cry and other times when I cried even harder. There are days when I make sure I keep a tissue in my pocket because I seem to need one throughout the day. I don't feel like it's something to be embarrassed about...nor do I think denial is a good thing. I'm just taking things one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I was your neighbor when I learned the parenting technique of under-reacting to bad news and over-reacting to good news. I remember thinking, "That's exactly what Teresa does..." You've always been a shining example of an even tempered person.

    There are times and places to grieve. You're right to let yourself do so, and wise to know when.

    ReplyDelete