His Blog

His Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Rest...

"No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need any." I heard that years ago. I'm not sure where it originated. It comes to my brain these days when I'm feeling tired and sore and Layne needs one more thing - or, someone else needs my help, or just one more thing needs to be done. I'm not sure which category I fall into most days - I just know there are times I feel a bit worn out.
It reminds me of taking care of an infant. There's no beginning or end of the day because the care is constant. There's no official bed time and no alarm is needed in the morning...and life is running at the same pace throughout the day...every day.

1 comment:

  1. Umm...I completely disagree with the little quote. Everybody needs rest, and most particularly, caregivers. I hope you can get some rest and also can connect with people in your same situation so you can provide each other some support. xoxo

    ReplyDelete