His Blog

His Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Coming Soon

"It's coming soon." This is what I heard from Layne this morning as he was getting dressed. I didn't even need to ask what he was talking about. The thoughts in my head lately and the expression on his face somehow connected and I knew exactly what he meant. My eyes teared up a bit (then, and now as I'm writing) as he made comments about feeling weaker and needing to find a burial plot. I don't want to think about life without him and yet we both know that he doesn't have very much longer.
Something happened awhile ago that made me realize the end was near. Since then I've known that we are at the beginning of the end.
It's a little silly that I have been asking questions of Layne for years about planning his funeral and figuring out a burial plot. Oddly enough, he hasn't wanted to discuss the topic or come close to making a decision. He's still not thrilled about it - but, it can't be put off any longer. As with so many other things, now is the time.

7 comments:

  1. We are all SO GLAD that Layne came to the reunion and we could give him a hug before he takes this next journey. How surreal to discuss such things, but you are right: some decisions can't wait too much longer. We fasted and prayed for you both and your family today once again. Love love love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awful. I fasted and prayed as well, as usual. I don't know that that will stop anytime soon, regardless of whether Layne is still around or not. I am SO glad Layne made the effort to come. He is such an important part of our family, and I hope he knows that. I love him very much, and I love you too. And those offspring of yours! I'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me cry! I want so badly for you to not have to write these kinds of blog posts; but, I am so grateful that you continue to keep us in the loop. Big hugs for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me cry! I want so badly for you to not have to write these kinds of blog posts; but, I am so grateful that you continue to keep us in the loop. Big hugs for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the love....and prayers...and fasting...and hugs. We are so grateful for the support.

    ReplyDelete