His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

News from Houston (second time)

I went to Houston again to visit MD Anderson.  They did a CT scan and Wednesday and I met with the oncologist Thursday.  The long and short of it is they still don't know if I qualify for HIPEC.  There was no new growth, the tumors visible in the last scan had not changed significantly, and the area near my bladder did not show any growth (that was questionable last time).  Those are all good things, but it was still not clear enough to say yes.  So for now the plan is to continue with the chemotherapy I am on and return to Houston in two months for another check-up.  If things work out for HIPEC then, it may happen in June.  But all of that is subject to change.

Layne

3 comments:

  1. We will take any good news we can get, but I'm sure more waiting and more chemo is not what you wanted. Good for you for looking for silver linings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Layne. I have been thinking about you a lot this week. At least we know that this chemo is more in line with what you need. Very good news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very grateful the tumors weren't considerably larger or in the organs...glad to just be sticking with what's already there (instead of finding even more).

    ReplyDelete