His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Empty

I do fine most days and other days things creep up on me. Tonight I was hugging Layne and started to cry. The thought, 'I don't want you to die.', came into my head. I don't want him to leave. When I try to imagine my life without him, I just can't do it. I attempt to do that because I'm hoping that it will get me more prepared for the reality that's ahead. I don't want to go without the hugs (and all that other 'mushy' stuff). I have no desire to independently raise our children on my own. I'm so used to saying 'we' instead of 'I'. It will be a tough transition all around. I think I will have a tough time trying to get to sleep in an empty room with an empty bed. I will need to work hard not to have an empty heart.

5 comments:

  1. I love you to pieces. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is BMEO the acronym for "bawling my eyes out"? There are no words. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be there to hug you, but know it's just.not.the.same. Sorry for what you're feeling now in anticipation of what you'll feel then. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the thoughts. I got a bit weepy just reading your comments. We are so grateful for all of the support!

      Delete