His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baker's Dozen

On Friday we will go in for Layne's 13th infusion. When we first started, we were told they would try twelve and then go from there. I just heard the 'twelve treatments' part. So, after this last one we had to celebrate...at least a little bit. We didn't do too much. Somehow it was still important to me to mark a milestone. I needed to acknowledge that we had accomplished something. Layne thought I was a bit silly because there will be more treatments. I realize we're far from done. But, at the same time it seems there has to be some sort of recognition along the way. It's too long of a tiring uphill hike to not take a moment to note the ever expanding view.

3 comments:

  1. How many more does he need to have? I still had 12 in my mind too! I think you are right to celebrate everything you possibly can. xo C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't know how many more there will be. It all depends on what works. We'll take any excuse for a celebration around here.

      Delete
  2. Celebrate all you want! Celebrate everything!

    ReplyDelete