His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cupids, Flowers and Chocolates

Valentine's Day is not a favorite for Layne. He's not a fan of anything he's 'supposed' to do just because 'society' says he's should. It's on the calendar - so, you're expected to do something romantic and enjoy being together...and pay extra for it. It's not the being together or even the being romantic that bothers him. It's the idea that someone else is going to tell him when and how. He thinks it's all a ploy by retailers to make more money.
As a result, I received flowers today. The thought behind them was, 'Yes, I do love you and enjoy spending time with you.' Phew...I was a bit nervous about that one. It's fun to have flowers and I'm grateful for them. (I think part of the motivation may have been a comment about him bringing flowers randomly when we were dating. Very Romantic!)

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree with Layne. Yep. Although flowers are nice. And going out to dinner. But I liked them more last Saturday.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the point too. It's all just a big hoax, right?:} We did end up having a pretty good day...that had nothing to do with buying a bunch of extra stuff.

    ReplyDelete