His Blog

His Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Celebrations

I mentioned that we celebrated when Layne finished 12 chemo treatments. Our family also celebrated last month when we finished the Book of Mormon (again...we really should keep track).
This month we have marked in simple ways Groundhogs Day and Chinese New Year. We are having some serious discussions about how to celebrate Valentine's Day. Well, at least the kids and I have done so...I'm not sure what Layne and I will be doing. (It depends on how 'romantic' he's feeling. I might just have to talk him into something...something simple I'm sure.) We still have President's Day and a child's birthday to celebrate later in the month.
We celebrated the 100th Day of School last month too. The kids were excited about making progress!
Layne heads to Houston again in another week or so - we'll see if there's anything to celebrate on that front after he's done with his appointments there.
P.S. A day later...I forgot to mention Mardi Gras...which is today! Layne and I will be going to the temple on Thursday and possibly out to lunch. (It's great that he has a 'flexible' schedule these days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment