His Blog

His Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

God Bless Us...

...every one.
This past holiday season we felt a bit like 'Tiny Tim' in 'A Christmas Carol' by Dickens. It was a time when we could have felt like we didn't have much to celebrate. And yet, we felt the true meaning of the season manifest in all of those who were so generous, giving and kind hearted that we couldn't help but feel blessed and loved. We couldn't help but feel the true meaning of the season and the joy that comes as the love of Christ is shared.
We had a fabulous '12 Days of Christmas' experience. I can't recall ever being the recipient of such a thing. But, this year was different in so many ways. I mentioned in an earlier post that it took me a minute to register the reason might have something to do with my husband having cancer. (Duh!) We were so grateful! It was fun to watch the kids get excited about it. Amazing items kept rolling in every day. Thank you to whoever you are!! We will always remember.
It was odd to think that this might be the last Christmas with Layne around. I'm not convinced that it is...it's just a possibility. We didn't do anything different in the way we celebrated. I think I reflected more on traditions and family togetherness that happens around that time of year. There were also a couple of things that just never got done. We were busy with other things and I wanted to focus on spending time together. It seems a bit selfish now that I just articulated that. I'm hoping everyone understands. And for some odd reason I don't feel compelled to apologize. That is rather selfish. I guess it's a priority thing. We didn't have time for everything - so, we just went with what was important in that moment. I'm glad we did. I guess it's a bit like learning to say 'no' when you really need to.
Thank you to everyone that helped to make our season so memorable. We truly will remember and continually be grateful.


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I got to spend Christmas with you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did exactly the right thing in focusing on what matters most. Perhaps you've been forced to learn it in a way that you definitely didn't want to, but focusing on what matters most--especially in families and especially at Christmas--is what we all should do. Definitely no need to apologize. We all completely get it! I am glad to see you're blogging again. I have missed your updates! Love, C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nic, I'm glad you were there too. The kids also loved having the chance to see you again. (We're thinking about you and which role will come next.)
      C, We're learning lots of things these days. It's been quite the ride.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention that I love the fact that both of you blog...now to just get caught up...both on reading yours and writing mine.

      Delete