His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Strike A Pose

We had family pictures taken this morning at Wheeler Farm. A friend from our 'student housing at the 'U' days' took them for us. We are so grateful for her time! She's in the middle of a move (from AZ to OR) and just happened to be in the state. She was great...even though there were times my kids couldn't figure out how to make the natural smile happen. I knew it was a struggle, because I see them smile on a daily basis. What they were producing wasn't quite what I'm used to seeing. Apparently, none of them will be working for Abercrombie and Fitch anytime soon. (Good thing!)
I loved that we were outside for them! The weather cooperated nicely. And, so did the kids. I have a hard time with the whole coordinating outfits thing, so hopefully we look more like we mesh than clash.
At one point, pictures were being taken of the kids with their dad. The thought came that this could be our last set of family photos. I quickly pushed that aside and enjoyed the rest of the time with the family. I was so grateful we had the opportunity to get some 'real' pictures taken. Although, I shed just a tear or two when we were done. It was important to Layne and me to get some pictures taken before treatment was started. I'm delighted that we did. I'm glad miracles happen and a talented friend was able to help with what Heavenly Father knew was important to us.

5 comments:

  1. you'll have to post some of them when you get them back - i'm sure they turned out great! what a treasure they will be for years to come! (I love pics!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so, so glad you got pictures taken before treatment started--don't be surprised if I'm constantly trying to get more candids in a couple weeks. Can't wait to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also thrilled you got these pics done! I can't wait to see them. I can imagine that those scary thoughts would come at such a time, but good for you for pushing them away...at least long enough to get some good shots! I feel like getting pics taken is so frustrating for that very reason. It's hard to smile on command naturally for most of us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love our U of U family. You'll be so happy you have those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just looking forward to seeing the pics! Really. Ok, so you've probably got them on Facebook or some other foreign land I've not seen, but I'd still like to see them....

    ReplyDelete