His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rainy Day

We've been pretty dry around here. It's been hot and we've had several fires in the area. Pretty scary stuff. I was a bit nervous about my kids, fireworks and all the dry grass around...especially when I thought about all those that weren't in their homes because the fires were too close.
Rainy summer days are great for getting things done inside and reading cozily with the kids. Layne's been at work. So, it's a great day to regroup and be with just the kids again. It's a also a great day for tears.
Layne had scans taken on Tuesday (7/3). He's been hoping for results. He talked with Dr. Garrido (oncologist) and then gave me a call. He didn't get very far in his conversation with the doctor before his phone had cut out. A bit frustrating for him...considering Dr. Garrido had just said that he did have a minute to answer some questions. Bummer. Our lives are sort of a waiting game, what's another hour or so? He had called me to tell me all about it...that, and they didn't have the result back yet. He shared something that was unexpected, so I was a bit shaken up by it.


No comments:

Post a Comment