His Blog

His Blog

Friday, November 27, 2015

Kids Adjusting

As I've been thinking about things I'm grateful for this past week - I have been grateful that we homeschool. One of the things I love is that we could be together after Layne's death and funeral. We were able to process in a way that felt so much more natural and connected. I'm not sure how I would have rushed them off to school with the knowledge that they would be expected to concentrate on other things. I also know that they would have been expected to accomplish a few things in between attending school and going to bed at night. I don't think it would have been healthy to place the burden on them to just ignore their father's death and all of the thoughts and feelings that go along with it.
They seem to be managing relatively well. I don't think that would have happened in a classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, I'm so glad you've been able to find things to be grateful for this week!!!! I am also so glad to hear the kids seem to be doing well at handling such a difficult trial. xo

    ReplyDelete