His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tech Support

Our internet has been down for days. I won't tell you how many. I had thought to have a friend come look at it...do some troubleshooting. Today, I knew I had to be the one to figure something out. Jacob has spent some time trying to find a way to make things work. I called tech support. Yep. Me and all of my technical knowledge called tech support - not really even knowing what questions to ask. I obviously could tell them what the issue was...just not very familiar with all the jargon that comes after the initial statement. Later I felt a little better when I realized that it's the guys job to help people that don't know what they're doing. I'm not sure why...but, for some reason I told him not too long into the conversation that my husband was usually the one to deal with the technology side of things. His response was, 'That's okay.'. He then moved right onto the next step. I felt like I needed to give some kind of excuse as to why I didn't know what I was doing. Maybe I was feeling insufficient. He gave the impression that I was capable and was more than willing to help. I would give him some kind of shout out - but, I don't remember his name. I think there were times I was rambling as I talked through my answers to his questions. Oh well. It's done and we're up and running. I guess it's on to the next thing. Finances perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. I could use some tech support for my finances as well. Let me know when you figure out the phone number for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back up and running again! And how great that you had a patient and helpful tech support guy to help you--and that you actually got everything running again! That is awesome. I am not tech savvy at all, so I know how you feel about making that call! xo

    ReplyDelete