His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Christmas Gifts

This is a tricky time of year. I usually feel a bit panicked about getting everything done. It's one of the times that Layne usually steps in because I'm just not managing on my own. I think I got used to him helping with the gifts for the kids. He would figure out what would be fun for them to receive and then also figure out the best way to go about obtaining it. He just did it. (It's one of his qualities I wish I had...wish it would have 'worn off' onto me.) This year - I'm working on it. I think I have an idea or two for all of the kids...except for the oldest. He's being rather cryptic. I'm not sure what he wants or what to get him. I have picked up one item and will be visiting Amazon soon for some other things. I miss Layne's help. I miss having someone step in when they could tell that I felt like I was in too deep. I miss having things just 'magically' being done. He was great at taking care of everything. I now have the job and I am stumbling. There's no back-up now - I got spoiled knowing that Layne was always my 'back-up plan' when it came to the items on my 'to do' list that just never quite got done. I can do this. (If I say it enough times it's bound to be true.) Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. I don't even think you need luck! YOU CAN DO THIS! I remember when Tim was traveling M-F for two years that I began doing all sorts of things I normally would have asked him to do--and I really did have an A-Ha moment, "I can do this!" Although your situation is entirely different, I hope you get to a place where that confidence in yourself grows and you know you can do it. Not only that, but we have the Savior's atoning grace to make up for our shortcomings. That's way better than luck! :-) PS I have NO ideas for my kids yet, so you are ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layne will probably still help you get it all done...

    ReplyDelete