His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

This...


This is how I will remember Layne. This is from September 2012. I will remember the smile and the blue eyes (not the dark, foreboding color the was visible at the end). I will remember the casualness of the pose and setting. He's comfortable. I will remember the Padres hat that was worn so much it faded to a different color. I always thought of it representing San Diego and the beach more than for the team it represented. I will remember the guy with a body that had muscles (not the most recent skin and bones version). I look at this picture and I can almost hear his laugh.

6 comments:

  1. I love this so much. What a great way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pic, and this is definitely how I remember Layne too. What's meaningful to me is that he already knew he had cancer when this picture was taken, and he still looks full of joy and peace, which to me, is indicative of his great faith. I'm sure this is how he looks now once again! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete