His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Temple Experience

I wrote a bit about going to the temple on Tuesday. I failed to mention that afterward I spent some time in the Celestial Room...thinking, praying, crying...repeat.
While I was there, I also went to one of the sealing rooms and thought about the day Layne and I got married. It brought a fresh set of tears...especially when I looked into the mirrors that are on either side of the room. They make it look as if life just keeps going. I guess it does...from one generation to the next...both past and future.
I also thought about other times we had been in sealing rooms since then. All tender memories. While there, I looked into the mirror, through the open doors, and saw the celestial room. I thought of times Layne and I had sat and talked, prayed and cried together. Again, more tender memories.
I'm so thankful for the temple and the blessings that can come from attending. I love the feeling there. I also love knowing what the commitments mean that we make there - and, the opportunity we've had to make them.
I will stop with the posts for now...I'm starting to repeat myself. (That, and the kids are getting a bit crazy.)

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, I want so badly to be there so I can give you a hug and be a help and strength to you right now! I just can't even wrap my brain around all you, Layne, and your kids are dealing with right now.

    But I want to share with you something that happened today. I went to the temple too, and was praying the whole time for you, Layne, and your kids. I was praying for peace for you especially, but also for myself because I am so overwhelmed with sadness and grief for you. In the Celestial Room, I opened Mormon 9, and was turning to verse 19 (the one I was thinking of re-reading, because I had noticed it yesterday morning, and referred [vaguely] to it in my previous comment on your bog). As I was turning there, my eyes were completely drawn to a different verse that I somehow went past quickly yesterday morning. It spoke to my heart very strongly.

    Mormon 9:15: "And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, NAY; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles."

    It was almost as if the part "Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay!" was in neon lights. The end has not come yet and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles. Again, I don't know what that looks like for you, but I know I was guided to that scripture today, very clearly and without question. I wanted to share that with you both.

    I am still praying for a miracle. I love you, Carolynn

    ReplyDelete