His Blog

His Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

So Much...

I have many topics running around in my head. Some are about cancer and Layne, some are about our kids and homeschooling, some are about what we are grateful for these days, some are about the purpose of the Christmas season, some are about the latest family happenings, and some are just about logistics for tomorrow. I'm sure I could go on...but, that would be a bit boring.
We've been truly blessed. We are so grateful for all who keep us in their thoughts and prayers. We are humbled by those who serve us. This has been a different holiday season for us. I'm behind on plans. We haven't participated in all of the events that we were originally thinking to this year. But, at the same time, there is a peace in our home that comes from attempting to be close to the Savior. Or maybe it's just that He's trying to tell us something. I think that something would be that somehow, it will be OK...and that's all we need to know. We would drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out how things will work out. So, we don't. Time will tell. In the meantime, we are enjoying this precious season. There is so much to be grateful for each day.
So...Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night.

3 comments:

  1. Teresa,

    Your post made me cry, once again! But this time it's because of your AMAZING strength and courage, your faith and testimony. Did you know that I've sent your blog to people here in TX who are aware of your situation and they have been inspired by you for all the reasons I just mentioned? People you don't even know are keeping you in their thoughts and prayers, in addition to all of us who do know and love you so much!

    I am SO GRATEFUL that you are able to feel some peace right now because that is my most constant prayer for you (along with my prayer for a miracle!).

    I am going to repeat as a mantra your truth: "There is so much to be grateful for each day." Wow. Thank you for sharing your heart with us through this blog. It is one of the things that I am grateful for each day. Love you! Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for what you are going through. I understand the pain,overwhelming fear and all that goes along with having a husband with cancer. My husband has stage IV gastric cancer. I found your blog one night when I was googling...We too are going to Huntsman and see Dr. Garrido. My name is Sandra and my blog is paulsgastricjourney.blogspot.com. Feel free to contact me. I have found it is helpful to talk to others who are going through this yucky ordeal or have been through it. It is nice to know that we are not alone! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa--This post brought me some much needed perspective. Thank you so much for putting it out there. The world (and I) needed the reminder.

    ReplyDelete