His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Focus, Focus, Focus


I haven't been very focused today. I feel bad about that because I wasn't well yesterday. I haven't accomplished as much as needed this week. I was hoping that since yesterday was not productive, I would be able to plow through some things today. It hasn't happened yet. 
We had planned on meeting with some other homeschool families today to make some Christmas cards and winter decor (snowflakes). I was looking forward to it. But, somehow didn't feel like going after talking to Layne. I realized that wasn't fair to the kids. It also doesn't make sense to sit around and sulk. So, I told them about Layne and later asked their opinion of attending the festive outing. (It's geared toward the older kids and the younger kids get the benefit of having friends to associate with for an afternoon.) The decision was made to skip it this week and possibly make some cards on our own out of the materials we have here. I was glad I made them part of the decision. Other times, I'll just announce we're going when it comes to things like that and they always end up being glad we went. But, today I didn't have the energy to convince children that what they were about to do was going to be fun and exciting...even though my opinion was that it was going to be fantastic. I'm sure those who went had a fabulous time and came away with some cool creations.

3 comments:

  1. Teresa, I refer to my previous comment. One day, one night, one minute at a time. Don't take on any extra burdens, most especially self-imposed guilt. I wish I could somehow make my prayers for your strength, peace, and comfort more effective! I just keep praying. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Sometimes you skip things, and it is fine. Some days you just don't have the energy. Own it. It's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have EVERY RIGHT to be distracted right now. You are going to have to take extra care of yourself while you are going though all this. I'm just amazed you are able to pull of everything you are pulling off.

    ReplyDelete