His Blog

His Blog

Friday, December 12, 2014

Joints

This morning Layne mentioned his joints again. They've been a little bit of an issue this time around - it's one of the things that this clinical trial is testing. I guessed his feet were bothering him because that's been a common one. I then asked about others. He mentioned his hips and one of his knees. He then stated, "I don't know if I can bike today since I can't move my leg."*. Then...being the ever supportive care giver that I am...I laughed. Out loud. What other person is going to give serious consideration to the exercise routine when they can't even move one of their limbs? Maybe it's just me. That and it struck me as funny that it was such a statement of the obvious.
Later, he casually described the 'discomfort' as this knee hurts less than this one. So...the translation would be...this knee hurts and this one is killing me and I'm feeling it constantly.

*From Layne: This sounds much worse than what I meant when I said it.  I can move fine, but raising my leg like I would when I ride a bike hurt, and I felt like I couldn't do that.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Oh geez. Your life! Might as well laugh when you can, I say....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally catching up on blogs. I am so pleased to hear that Layne even considers biking and exercising and that he can still do it sometimes. I am sorry about the joint pain. As if he needs any more salt in the wound. :-( But I agree with Nic. Laugh if you can and when you can! xo

    ReplyDelete