His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Only the Numbers Will Tell

I took Layne up to Huntsman yesterday to check on the possibility of a transfusion. He hasn't been feeling well. It all started when it was mentioned at MD Anderson that his numbers were low. He's been pale and a bit lethargic. He decided against going on Monday - until he came home from doing a couple of errands and was out of breath. I wanted him to promise he'd go in the next morning - but, I know he's a little too stubborn to make those kind of promises. So, it was Tuesday early afternoon when we finally went in. His numbers looked great. They offered to check vitals - I said, "yes please". So, they did and...nothing. So, we came back home. He made a comment about maybe it being in his head. The power of suggestion is strong with this one.:} I'm glad we went to get it checked out. I just wish there would have been a solution. He's still not feeling so great.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw all these updates. Thanks for keeping us posted. Is he feeling any better now? It must be nice to have good numbers...and at the same time, it must feel like there's nothing to do to help him feel better. :-( Love you guys! xo C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I feel a bit helpless most of the time. I'm going to attempt to do a little better about updating - although, no promises.:}

    ReplyDelete