His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Upcoming Baptism

Rachel is going to be baptized on Saturday. Earlier today she was jumping around and saying, "I'm so excited!". Very fun. I'm glad she's excited about it and I'm glad Layne will be able to baptize her.
I remember when we first learned about Layne's cancer, it was around the time of Megan's baptism a couple of years ago. During her baptism, I couldn't help but think that Layne probably wouldn't be around for Rachel's baptism day. I think I might have cried. Partly because I was sad about that, partly because it made things seem so much more real, and partly because it started me thinking about all of the other things Layne would miss that would be milestones for the kids. That made me sad for them and for him.
I also remember being a little misty eyed at another baptism or two as the memory came back to me. I wanted Rachel to be able to remember her Dad baptizing her like he had done with the other kids. So, like I said earlier - I'm glad Layne will be able to baptize her in a couple of days.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't we all!!!!!! Congratulations to Rachel, to Layne, and to all of you! We wish we could be there on her special day. Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Hope you had a great baptism this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, Thank you for sharing this post and this Blog. I so clearly remember the day of Megan's baptism and the blessing that Layne received. I'm so glad that he was able to baptize Rachel and I'm so sorry that we couldn't be there for it. You, Layne and your children are an inspiration to me. Thank you for your incredible faith and example.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete