His Blog

His Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Courage


"Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'".

I read this as a quote from President Monson the other day. His picture was with it. I wonder if the person that put it together knew that it's actually President Monson quoting Mary Anne Radmacher in a talk he gave. Whatever the case, I love it and wanted to give the proper recognition.
I think I might have gotten a little lump in my throat. There are many days where we just say...we'll try again tomorrow. I didn't realize that might have had anything to do with courage. I think courage is the gift of rising above the challenge...even when it's hard...no matter how much you want to give up...no matter how easy it would be to give in. It takes courage to move forward in a positive way. The harder the challenge, the more courage it takes. It's faith in action. It's perseverance at its best.




2 comments:

  1. I love this too, Teresa (and love that you gave credit to the original source). It makes me feel...hm... a lot less like a failure at the end of my day. Hopeful, I guess, that I can still be the person I want to be and dream of being, even when I feel like I'm not and never will be. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes!!! When I remember our campfire circle at the Ranch, I think of you and Layne and I think of courage. So, so brave the two of you are. We love you and we prayed for your continued ability to "try again tomorrow." xo C.

    ReplyDelete