His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Grateful for...

This morning I was reminded of being grateful for new flannel sheets as I climbed into bed last night, because I was grateful for them again this morning. It's one of the indications of fall and chilly weather for me to start using the flannel sheets again. Layne actually bought a new set just a week or so ago.
I was attempting to wake up (I always consider this my first accomplishment for the day...after years of practice, I'm still not very good at it.) and thought of the fact that I was grateful for one more day to wake up next to Layne. I'm so thankful that he's still around and we continue to have time together. It reminds me that when we first found out about his cancer...there was a good chance he was going to be gone by now. I'm glad that's not the case.
I know when our experience here on earth is over, it's not the end of who we are or our relationships. I also know that at this point my preference is to have my husband and father of our kids here with us. All of that seems like he would be so far away...for such a long time. When that time does come, I hope it still feels like he's near and that the time will seem to go by at a decent pace...not slowly, as if in a bad dream that won't end.
Time to be done...I'm crying and the kids need breakfast.

5 comments:

  1. I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that this is your daily reality. I don't know how you ever could! Please know that you have so many people that love all of you in your family and that constant prayers are being offered in your behalf. My prayer is for you to feel strongly the tender mercies and silver linings and that, because of those tender mercies, you will not have to feel like you are enduring a bad dream that won't end. How grateful we all are that Layne is still here with all of you, and us!!!!! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thoughts. We are truly grateful for the thoughts, prayers, and support. I feel like I say that a lot. But, it really is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Teresa...how we all love you, and Layne, and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love all of you too. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete