His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Next Steps

Layne met with the oncologist last week. Chemo is no longer an option for him. He was told about a couple of clinical trials that are available. They don't sound very fun. I was told about the side effects and now just don't want to think about them. We're not sure what will be happening next - we're still trying to make sure that is the next step for him to take.
It's been a year since his last colonoscopy...so, that will be scheduled and taken care of soon. He also has a vision test. Both of the clinic trials include vision issues as a possible 'side effect' so they have to check and see rather his eyes are healthy enough for it.
During all of this, I am very aware that there are tumors inside of him that are probably growing. Some prevention on the progress of those would be really great right about now. It always takes time (and then some).

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you this week and how you just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Your ability to endure and keep going is one of the things I admire the most about you. I love you and I love your whole family. Right here if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sentiments gals. It truly does seem like there continues to be another ridge to climb over.

    ReplyDelete