His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2013

But Wait...There's More

The results are back. The tumors he already has have grown, there are also two new tumors that have developed since the last scan. They're all still in the same area of the body, so at least that part is good...no spreading to other organs. He will not be doing HIPEC.
They also found multiple blood clots in his lungs. We'll need to start giving him the same injections we did after his surgery. (I say 'we' - but, that really means that I get to do that.)
I had a feeling that HIPEC might not be the way that things would go - so, I'm not surprised about that part. As we talked about it - we both still felt like things will work out the way they are supposed to in the end. It's hard not to know the next step. It's obvious the second type of chemo wasn't working...so, we'll have to go from here. Layne did mention some sort of group that is doing some testing right now. I don't know exactly what that is or if it's an option.
A year later, it still feels like we keep going back to the drawing board. Although, we now know two types of chemo that won't work and that HIPEC is not an option. We just have to have the faith to take that step into the dark.





12 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful that you posted your update, because your whole family is just in my thoughts constantly this week. I'll just keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca. We love you and your family. Thanks for thinking of and praying for us. Today, I feel like I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got home and I anxiously jumped online to check for an update...this isn't the one any of us wanted. I am so sorry. There are just no words. I agree with Becca, except I would say your whole family has been constantly in my thoughts for nearly a year now. :-( We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That probably wasn't the easiest blog to write, but you have been on my mind constantly this week and I am glad you let us know the latest. We love you all so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you and are thinking about/praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're praying, too. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update. I have been thinking and praying for you guys a lot this past week as well. I mean, I pray about you a lot anyway, but especially this past week. I will keep praying that the next step, whatever that means, becomes clear to you both. I pray for those sweet kids to process what they need to, how they need to, but for all of you to have the comfort of the Spirit to know that you are in God's hands. I love you! (Can't wait to see you, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you again...and again for all the thoughts and prayers. People ask what they can do to help and those are the only things that we can think of at this point. The only other things would be a cure for cancer or more time - but, those aren't humanly possible. So, we're hoping Heavenly Father has something up His sleeve.:} If not, we'll just move forward anyway. Thanks again (truly)...and love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
    - Ambrose Redmoon

    Thank you for being so courageous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Teresa & Layne, Just letting you know that although we haven't posted on your blog at all both Sarah and I read through updates. You guys are in our prayers. Much love. Jason

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jason and Sarah! We appreciate your concern and prayers. We love you guys. Thanks for reading - sometimes I wonder how many people actually read the updates (especially since they have been sporadic).

    ReplyDelete