His Blog

His Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Human Lab Rat

Layne will be doing some testing this week to see if he qualifies for the first clinical trial he's going to do. I'm a bit nervous. The staff sent home some documentation with explanations. There's everything from what they will be doing, to why they are doing the tests, to what's expected, what to expect, and side effects that 'may or may not be permanent'. We've talked about it - but, it's not something that you're ever excited about. We'll see how things go. He'll need to qualify first.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think any part of this is something to be excited about, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog every time you post and I just don't know what to write in response. I guess all I can write is that you're still in our prayers, and in the temple each time I go, and we just love your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolynn, Good Point. It's true...pretty much anything is more exciting than cancer. (This documentation is what Layne was showing me while we were at Mike and Sarah's home. It was the one that stated random side effects like eye damage or death...and, he made a joke about it. Nice.)
    Sherrie, Thanks for the comment and your thoughts, prayers, and love. We appreciate these things quite a bit. I'm not sure there really is a perfect thing to say or way to make it all go away - but, the thing that matters to us most is the support we've received from others. So, thank you. Thanks for coming to see us when you were 'in the neighborhood'. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete