His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Day's Work

Layne spent 7.5 hours on our yard today. He's not very good at following directions when his wife lets him know that it's time to be done. The kids and I were out there during the afternoon. I kept hoping he would go in mostly because I was concerned about him and partly because I was ready to be done and knew I couldn't go in until he did. The last hour or so, he kept saying, "I need to be done.". I would agree with him - but, then he would still be outside. My list of concerns included him just plain being worn out, getting sunburned, and knowing that he has a 12 hour day tomorrow. He starts a clinical trial and it makes sense to me that he not be worn out before he starts. But apparently, my logic has nothing to do with it. I do have to say that our yard does look better. I'm also incredibly grateful that he worked so hard...even though I'm a bit nervous for him. I think he's going to be sore tomorrow morning.
The kids and I had the chance to see 'Race to the Moon' this morning with some other homeschool families. (You can click here to read more.) So, I already felt like we had played a bit while he worked. Maybe another reason I wanted him to not work so hard was because I felt a bit guilty for enjoying and play and our kids while he chose to slave away.

4 comments:

  1. Ooof. That makes ME sore, just reading about it! I'll bet it felt good to him to work so hard, but ouch. Keep us posted on the clinicals and we'll keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to both Becca and Nicole. I am amazed Layne could work this long outside--and I am anxious for an update on the clinical trials. And never feel guilty for taking a little time to play with the kids. You can never regret those moments! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did have another day of working outside in the yard besides this one. I'm hoping it'll feel like we've made some progress. At least the garden is planted.
    As for the clinical trials. He is doing the first one right now. He went in for a 'baseline' this past week and then went in again today (for another 12 hour day). He'll start the medication this week too. He'll take something orally for a couple of weeks and then go back in for more analysis. Fun.

    ReplyDelete