His Blog

His Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Priesthood in the Home

I was reading some General Conference talks and thinking about the priesthood in our home. I'm not sure how to feel about the priesthood being in our home after Layne dies. I know both of our boys have received the priesthood. There are things they are not able to do yet with their priesthood that Layne is able to do with his. I will miss having someone readily available to do those things. We will still have the priesthood in our home. I think I will feel that way even after the boys move out and it's just me (or for awhile - me and the girls). I know that the priesthood will still be in our home because of covenants that have been made. That could not have been done without the priesthood and will not hold true without the priesthood. I'm glad it's a part of our lives - no matter how long those lives last during our experience here on earth.

1 comment:

  1. First, you are profoundly brave to be able to even "say" this out loud. Second, I have often gotten the impression that Elder Scott feels his wife very close at hand quite frequently, and receives inspiration from her, even though she has passed away. Third, thank goodness you have both Layne--and his priesthood--there with you still right now!

    ReplyDelete