His Blog

His Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

Not Normal

Layne and I were just talking about tomorrow. You know, the whole schedule thing. Saturdays can fill up quickly. I started to laugh part way through the conversation. 
Layne was talking about going on a bike ride in the morning. It's a 20-30 mile one. He's not sure how many miles they're doing. (He's riding with his trainer from Huntsman who has become a friend - and, a few other people that are also training.) He was then telling me how a friend that lives around the corner asked him to help with a load of rocks tomorrow. So, that will probably happen after the bike ride. Then, we might take the kids to a movie because one that they've been wanting to see just started at the Dollar Theatre. (Did you notice I even capitalized that? That's how our family rolls. We're too cheap to work it any other way.)
So, Layne's going to leave early in the morning for a long bike ride, help with a load of rocks for someone else's yard, and then have the energy to take the kids to a movie (and stay awake during the whole thing). Oh - and then maybe he and I could go on a date because we won't be going out tonight. Hmm...might as well push the boundaries, right?
I started laughing part way through the conversation because the thought hit me that it just didn't sound like a cancer patient talking. His day makes me feel tired just hearing about it and I won't even be there for the most exhausting parts. He's just not normal.:}

1 comment:

  1. I agree! That's what makes it so surreal when you post his results and they are not good. He is amazing!!! "Not normal" in a great way! We love Layne! ;-) And you, too! Happy Mother's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete