His Blog

His Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Reality Is...

I don't often think about the future without Layne. It's not an everyday realization. It would probably be too depressing if I were to focus on it. I just did a post about the most current happenings. And truthfully, today is one of those days that reality has struck. It's been a bit sobering and a little tearful.
There are times I think it would be nice to just be done...to just have things work out like I think they should and then be done with cancer. It seems that each step of the way, there has been a twist in the story for us. I'm beginning to not appreciate it (to say the least).
(I will need to post what I wrote earlier at a later date, considering some background is required for it to make more sense. I just decided to write it while it was fresh. I have to start somewhere, right?)

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hate reality sometimes. It has terrible timing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, I am amazed that you can get through any days and not have all of them be tearful. I pray for your strength always and put your names in the temple again on Saturday. I am sooooo sorry you, Layne, and your family have been required to face this challenge. I would like the cancer to be done for Layne as well!!!! Of course! We all would. I've been reading the October GC talks and so many of them seem so very timely. I'm sure at times they can provide comfort. At other times, no doubt, nothing but tears will do...and of course that doesn't solve anything, sadly. I am sorry. Know how much we love you and wish desperately we could make it all go away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Carolynn said. I was just going to say that this sucks.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete