His Blog

His Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Grateful for Little Things

Who was the crazy person that thought I could update a blog while diving into the holiday season? I wasn't getting it done before and now that life seems to feel a little busier...I'll just do one more thing...consistently.
Layne made Mazurka Bars today. I just did a taste test. They passed. I started to think again about who is going to make great stuff for us in the kitchen if Layne isn't able to do it. We would be without homemade hummus, guac., salsa and most currently bread. This doesn't sound very appealing to me.
Oh, and I'm also now remembering that I was thinking similar thoughts when Layne was showing me how to turn off the outside water (and do various other things) in order to be ready for winter. Our timing happened to be great because a day or two later we had snow...for three days straight.
I'm very grateful for all he does around here. He has taken on the task of the family laundry since he's been home too. Love that one! Today it was me out with the kids raking leaves while he was inside doing something that didn't take much energy. It's usually him doing those kinds of things, at least on a Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. So um, what are masurka bars, and why doesn't Layne make me some? Stingy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to confess that I've never heard of Mazurka Bars either. Recipe please?

    Layne is truly an amazing partner to you in everything. How blessed you are to have him for eternity! Cling to that thought, if you can! It probably won't make the day-to-day any easier, but perhaps tiny glimpses of perspective can bring peace. I can only hope and pray.

    ReplyDelete