His Blog

His Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Finding Cures and Recuperating

Today we had a chance to go to the Cancer Learning Center at Huntsman...glad we did. We've been trying to piece things together the last couple of days. I feel like it helped. It was great to actually talk with someone too. We'll see what happens when the 'Tumor Team' meets on Tuesday.
The boys also left on a backpacking trip with the scouts. Layne was a bit nervous for Jonny...considering the pack he will be carrying is 1/3 his weight...and doesn't even have much in it. I'm not sure what happened once they got there and put food and other supplies in the pack. Poor guy. He was positive about it today - but, he has previously stated being nervous about carrying all of that weight. The reason I mention all of that is because at one point Layne suggested that he go on the trip with them so he could carry some of the supplies in his pack. I thought he was joking so I laughed and said something to the effect of, 'Says the guy who just had surgery and isn't supposed to be lifting anything.'. He looked as if he had forgotten all of that for a moment. It really is hard not to help when you think you're capable of doing so. We need him getting better from his surgery, not helping out the scouts.
To finish off the day, Layne and the girls are sleeping in the tent in the backyard. The girls are thrilled. They even get to use their 'Princess' sleeping bags.

2 comments:

  1. Teresa,

    I'm SO GLAD you created this blog! I just read all of your posts out loud to Tim, and I have to say I had a hard time getting through it. You are so brave and I love you guys so much!!!! I was so moved also with your column on the right, stating the facts in such an absolutely beautiful and inspiring ways. We are grateful for all those things you listed too and we have high hopes that you'll get to achieve that Bucket List. Make it longer, so there's more to do... We can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. We will fast tomorrow for sure and have prayed unceasingly since we first heard the news. We will specifically pray for the Tumor Team to be inspired. We also put your names in the temple again this morning. We LOVE YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the blog will give others the info they need. I've also done it as a way to have an opportunity to write about what is going on. It's free therapy.:} Thanks for all the prayers. We're looking forward to seeing you.

      Delete