His Blog

His Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life as Usual

Life is a little different at our house lately. Our husband/father has been diagnosed with Stage IV Colon Cancer. This blog is about that...and, the fact that we still have plenty of life as usual moments.
'No Kung Fu in the kitchen, please.' is a direct quote from me when one of our daughters came in doing 'kung fu' (Kung Fu Panda style) when asked to come and help prepare lunch. My husband laughed and said it would be a great name for a blog...in hopes that I would change the name of our family blog I started years ago (and haven't updated for years either). I was already thinking to start this blog, so...there you have it.
I'm hoping to use this blog to keep family and friends updated on the cancer scenario. We had so many of the same questions asked of us at the beginning, that I decided it would be great to have everyone on the same page. I'm also hoping to give a glimpse into what we are thinking and feeling about it...not just when the next appointment is scheduled.

1 comment:

  1. Tim and I love the name of this blog!!!! It reminds me of that book or show years ago, "Don't eat the daisies!" Isn't it funny the "do's" and "don'ts" you have to provide for your children that you never imagined prior to having those children?!

    ReplyDelete