His Blog

His Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sealings

My family is doing *sealings in the Nauvoo temple during our reunion. I just thought about doing sealings without Layne. I would be great with being proxy for a daughter, but I won't be able to handle being a proxy for the wife without Layne being there to be proxy for the husband. I'm not ready to kneel across the alter with anyone else. I know it's just proxy - but, still. My heart wouldn't be in it.
*(For those not familiar with the work that happens in temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we believe that it's possible to have those of us who are still around stand in as proxy for those who have passed away. The sealing ordinance is what helps a family be together after this our mortal experience.)

1 comment: