His Blog

His Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

All Part of the Equation

I went to the dentist in pain yesterday. Today I had a root canal. At least I went away the first time knowing I wasn't just making it up or being completely wimpy. (It's the first time I've called and gone in because of pain.)
My pain was very real. I was also working through some frustration and worry about the whole thing. I feel like I'm supposed to stay well. If I'm 'down for the count', how am going to be capable of taking care of things around here? There's also the very real knowledge of our finances. Dental work is not cheap. I didn't want to be adding to the total.
Another detail that didn't escape me was the fact that Layne was taking me to an appointment instead of the other way around. I'm in the habit of being in the driver's seat.
Life seems to be more than just one detail at a time. We're doing our best to manage all the variables.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, ouch. I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of, but things like this can feel like adding insult to injury. You're a trooper, but don't forget I'm here if you need anything (like popsicles or future rides to dentists). xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In an ideal world, you would be able to be in perfect health to attend to the many needs of your whole family! Unfortunately, you are already way too aware that this is not an ideal world. Well, maybe ideal in the sense that our challenges and trials are meant to refine us. I'm sure you are more than ready to say, "Enough already! We're refined!" I'm sorry about your tooth pain. I know when I've had toothaches I can feel them throughout my entire body all the way into my toes (not kidding). I hope your pain subsides as your mouth heals from the procedure you had done today. And, for what it's worth, I bet Layne was MORE than happy/willing to be the one taking you to an appointment and attending to your needs for a change!! I know he'd like nothing more than being able to just focus on taking care of all of you. xo

    ReplyDelete